Thursday, November 17, 2005

"Cut Your Hair"

Hello,

Im back from my long & weary hiatus from a vacation trip from Iloilo & How's everyone?My inbox is in full throttle & sorry if i miss a reply to anyone but i will & many great moments have passed by as before i leave i have watched a series of live production acts (I really loved that take by The Flying Adaptors on "Abandon Ship",LOVELY!) & Kings And Pawns (which is having a great time as they really melt my ears to their wonderful tunes...).Now,back in my crib laying down some stuff & Im quite abusive listening to these pop duo,The Haircuts.

Formed by their loved of P!O!P! music & incidentally...tape hiss!!!Ryan Marquez (see:Apple Orchard/Sodajerk/Carnival Park) and Teresa Daniele (see:Sarah,Plain & Tall/Paint Your Wagon Red) met on the web & instantly opened up on the idea of long distance collaboration (using 4 track cassette recorder) with each other resulting to the beautifully crafted songs which reminds me of Pipas & other twee oriented artists.

They have releases on the Best Kept Secret label entitled "Up Up And Away With Haircuts" which includes my fave Haircut track,"It's Summer When I'm With You" & currently on the fledging Swedish label,Yellow Mica Recordings which released their "It's Always Better When We're Together" CDrEP.They are also included in the compy "Our Heart's Beat Out Of Tune" also released by Yellow Mica Recordings.Looking forward on more poppin' and boppin' tunes from these duo & Here's a couple of their perfect bedroom ridden pop song's:

The Haircuts - "It's Summer When I'm With You"
The Haircuts - "Summer"

Check them out Here for news/mp3's

Buy their releases Here

While checking out my box,A band from Sweden emailed me & whew!Hastily,I was blown with their hazy & drowning sound which brought back memories of the past decade.Im talking about Samuraj Cities.Taking a hint of shoegaze with lush textures of guitars mix with electronic drumbeats,The band is taking their time & you can download their free songs Here including my fave "All Along The Shoreline".

I do not have any info on them but more on them to follow & as of now,Here's a couple of their dreamythronica stuff:

Samuraj Cities - "All Along The Shoreline"
Samuraj Cities - "The Empty Stage"

Now im in full load & gonna back on track & Im gonna feature a couple of interviews in the coming days & Hopefully an upcoming compilation CD in the coming year & I'll give an info on that & as for now...Keep on listening & cheers for the year's!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

musta? ok site mo..napadpad lang ako dito ng hangin he he he ..
visit my blog..musicpain.blogspot.com
thanks.. i want your help bro?..how to post mp3s? sorry..tamad ako magbasa ha ha ha..