Sunday, January 22, 2006

"You'll Never Be That Young Again"

Hello,

Been back after a busy week & a hectic one though...In a week im gonna turn a year older (ah!!!those were the days...im getting old...) while the whole nation is rejoicing!Thanks to Manny Pacquiao who just went away with the boxing crown,You can read the whole story Here.

Also, Im surprised to hear that David Byrne had came to pay a visit (or he has a project going on?) in the country last month.You can read the adventures & escapades he encountered in the Philippines Here.By the way...I am busy uploading some links & I'll be adding some stuff in the coming month's plus a preview of some bands & brand new faves!.In the past days i am serving my taste on a lot of Swedish pop & acts (some are already mentioned on other sites & blogs) which really got me tinkling to my brain..."In every minute of every day,They are (Swedes) producing some of the best nor brightest ideas ever made in an art called music".A lot of acts have been sprouting on their native P!O!P! land which is quite impressive!.

I want to list down some new Swedish acts which caught my attention & im gonna start up the hit list with the band who hails from Gothenburg,My Enemy.Formed during the peak hours of 2004 with it's guilty parties consisting of Helena, Samira and Leonel.They play groovy laptop based pop with a twist of lo-fi mentality,A bit of Saint Etienne on tweezers.As of press time...They have just released a music video for "Khreis" which is also released as a single.Check them out if you had a slow time wishing that your day would be on a hilltop...Maybe you want to go with the flow of chiming synths & laptops?Check them out:

My Enemy - "Khreis"
My Enemy - "My Time Coming"

How many times can you be on a portal?I wish that portal can go directly to my own fave band or interest...or maybe i just need Thirdimension.They were formed way back 1995 but still kicking great guitar pop mix with melancholic vocals reminiscent of Ian McCulloch,Chris Martin (i need to say this...at some point they are monotomous) at present.Composed of BJÖRN STEGMANN (songwriter/lead vocals/acoustic guitar/conjurer of hi-fi),MARKUS SLIVKA (electric guitar/backing vox/keyboards/misc instruments),MARTIN ROSENGREN (electric bass/backing vox) & BJÖRN WICKENBERG (drums/backing vox/percussion).Signed to Hidden Agenda/Parasol & with 2 LP's on their belt back it up with a wide arrayed appearances on various compilations,Thirdimension is on their way to another future...bright i might guess.

Thirdimension - "Between Us"
Thirdimension - "Hundred Miles An Hour"

Setting up the climax was a band led by Isak Klasson,The dissonant but charming Speedmarket Avenue.It all started when i heard "He's A Rebel" which strike me like a neon ball that bump to my head.With it's jangly guitars and upbeat chorus (no wonder as the producer of the LP,Fredrik Norberg is a member of jangle popsters,Popsicle).Their debut LP,"I'm Going To Let My New Swiss Army Knife Answer To That" is one of those records which buggles with pure pop mannerism filled with songs that happens in every day life like "Leave.Now." & "Here To Folow" which i find myself quite relating to the subtle lyrics it provides...An LP full of surprises & if you want a balance sound then go reflenished your ears along Speedmarket Avenue!

Speedmarket Avenue - "He's A Rebel"
Speedmarket Avenue - "I Can Tell By Her Eyes"

In the meantime,I'll take a nap...Maybe...a sleep...

Buy Swedish releases/records @ Popkonst/Labrador/Poppolar/Hello! Surprise!

No comments: